Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company? Then read on.
We are Immersive VR Education – an award-winning virtual reality software company dedicated to advancing how educational and enterprise content is shared and consumed globally.
Our core product is ENGAGE; a virtual communications platform that seeks to transform how people collaborate with each other globally by harnessing the power of immersive technologies. ENGAGE is now available on most VR devices, desktops, iOS devices on the App Store, Android devices on the Google Play Store and MacOS.
Due to continued growth and success, we are looking for a competent User Documentation Writer with 2+ years of industry experience to join our dedicated team. This talented individual will be responsible for creating and maintaining high quality documentation for our product suite. They will work with our development team, quality engineers, designers, and product owners to create content that helps our stakeholders understand our offerings.
- Write customer facing documentation for new features and services within the platform for every release.
- Create and maintain documentation for all existing features on the platform.
- Work closely with the development teams, quality engineers, designers and product owners and other stakeholders to gather relevant information and content.
- Work with marketing team to ensure consistent tone and writing style for the brand and customer.
- Review and edit the documentation created by other team members, providing feedback and editing if required.
- Promote continuous improvement of the documentation experience.
- Serve as a domain expert on documentation best practices, provide expertise and vision, and collaborate cross-functionally to ensure best practices are adhered to.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed on time, accurately and to a high standard.
- Keep up to date on changes to the company’s offerings, customer use cases, and support issues.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to understand their goals and implement content needs within documentation.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the documentation through surveys and collaboration with the sales and business teams.
- Degree or diploma in writing for business, design, marketing or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a User Documentation Writer.
- Portfolio of customer facing documentation available online completed for a client or employer.
- Ability to write documentation which both technical and non-technical readers will understand.
- Experience in writing clear and concise procedural, conceptual, and reference documentation for software, services or other customer focused documentation.
- Ability to contribute to complex technical documents including feature descriptions, customer use cases, and release notes using industry best practices.
- Experience working with versioning systems for online wiki and other customer facing documentation software. Knowledge of version control systems e.g., GIT.
- Experience with best practices for writing documentation which needs to be readily translated to other languages.
- Ability to work on own initiative and set priorities based on project needs around releases and customer demands.
- Experience working in an Agile SCRUM environment.
- Excellent Teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical).
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Job Type: Full-time
NOTE: Having an EU work permit is required. For this position, remote working is available. Fluent spoken and written English language is required.
To apply for this job please email your CV to: [email protected]