Senior Software Engineer (Node.js)August 20, 2021
Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company? Then read on.
We are Immersive VR Education – an award-winning virtual reality software company dedicated to advancing how educational and enterprise content is shared and consumed globally.
Our core product is ENGAGE; a virtual communications platform that seeks to transform how people collaborate with each other globally by harnessing the power of immersive technologies.
Due to continued growth and success, we are looking for a competent Agile coach Scrum Master with 10+ years of industry experience in a Software Development environment to join our dedicated team. This is an opportunity to build your career with our highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company. The digital world is changing, let’s shape it together.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads, coaches and empowers the Scrum Team on how to use Agile practices and principles to deliver high quality features for our ENGAGE platform users.
- Facilitates and supports all scrum ceremonies: Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective.
- Supports the Product Owner and executes the Product Backlog as per the Product Owner prioritization.
- Creates a high performance self-managed and self-organised dynamic team minimizing impediments to development progress and resolving conflicts.
- Works with Scrum Teams, as well as internal and external stakeholders, to influence and drive decision making.
- Communicates effectively in a fast-paced environment where priorities may change.
- Helps the Scrum team with various techniques on how to estimate work.
- Provides training and education to staff who are new to Agile concepts.
- Identifies process inefficiencies, recommend solutions, and influence teams to change and get better
- Utilizes team feedback, analyses data, and reports on team quality, delivery rate, throughput, productivity, velocity, etc to identify areas of opportunity and improve team efficiency and delivery
Essential Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science or a technology related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience working as a Scrum Master, Manager or Lead.
- At least 10 years’ experience working in a Software Development Environment.
- Scrum Industry certification.
- A solid understanding of Agile and the Scrum framework.
- Experience working with large, distributed development teams.
- Well-developed servant leadership, problem-solving skills, facilitation, negotiation, and coaching skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent Teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical).
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities.
Desirable But Not Essential
- Experience administering JIRA.
Job Type: Full-time
NOTE: You must be currently working as a full-time Scrum Master to apply for this job. No part-timer Scrum Masters need to apply. Having an EU work permit is required. For this position, remote working is available.
To apply for this job please email your CV to: [email protected]