Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company? Then read on.
Immersive VR Education is one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios and is headquartered in Waterford, Ireland. In recent years, we have picked up multiple awards for our virtual communications platform, ENGAGE, and our work on Apollo 11 VR, and Titanic VR.
Due to continued growth and success, we are looking for a competent Product Owner. This talented individual must have a vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
This is an opportunity to build your career with our highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company. The digital world is changing, let us shape it together.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the vision and product roadmap at a high level for features and services over time.
- Prioritize and manage the backlog of user stories, features and services.
- Transform business requirements into clear & realistic user stories for development team.
- Report to the CTO and Technical Project Manager and collaborate on delivery.
- Collaborate with business management team on product service strategy and business focus.
- Balance scope, budget, and time, according to the needs and objectives of the business.
- Facilitate clear communication between business, operations and development teams.
- Discuss with sales team and clients to define problems and gather feedback and user needs.
- Write clear user stories in collaboration with UX designers and developers.
- Provide feedback and answer questions for development team delivering product vision.
- Collaborate and distribute work with other Product Owners deliver service vision.
- Review sprint deliverables, features and services on behalf of the business management.
- Ensure user stories are complete to a high standard during release cycles.
- Present and communicate insights to shape long-term product strategy.
- Direct and assist with writing customer facing documentation and “how to” guides.
Essential Knowledge & Skills
- At least 3 years’ experience as Product owner / Manager on live software as a service products.
- Experience managing projects on cross platform software (Mobile, PC, other devices).
- Degree in business management, project management, software design / development or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills, comfortable speaking to business and development stakeholders.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience working in agile environments using Scrum / Kanban.
- Works well under pressure and able to adapt to shifting priorities with ease.
- Knowledge and experience in marketing, cognitive science, psychology, economics, or information science, with a solid understanding of user experience design.
- High level understanding of software as a service architecture and service delivery systems.
- Ability to direct and collaborate with different teams and disciplines.
- Adept at handling and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Experience with international projects and delivery of localized software services.
Desirable But Not Essential
- Experience working on software and games for Virtual Reality market segment.
- Experience working on apps for the Apple Appstore or Google Play Store.
- Experience with responsive websites for PC and Mobile.
- Experience using Jira project management software.
- Completed basic SCRUM training certificate.
- SCRUM Certification for Product Owner.
Job Type: Full-time
NOTE: This position is not suitable for Graduate, Junior or mid level workers. Having an EU work permit is required. For this position, remote working is available. Fluent spoken and written English language is required.
To apply for this job please email your CV to: [email protected]