Are you looking for a unique challenge working in virtual & augmented reality with a bleeding-edge technology company? Then read on.
Immersive VR Education is one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios and is headquartered in Waterford, Ireland. In recent years, we’ve picked up multiple awards for our work on Apollo 11 VR, Titanic VR, 1943 Berlin Blitz and our virtual reality education & corporate training platform, ENGAGE.
Apollo 11 VR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03nEv7aEMUc
Berlin Blitz: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdIlSV3SqY0
Titanic VR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGnktkt2rKQ
Due to continued growth and success we are looking for a competent Senior Unity Developer to join our team with 5+ years industry experience. The talented individual must have vision and drive and must not be afraid to back big ideas.
This is an opportunity to build your career with our highly collaborative and engaging team as part of a fast-growing & creative company. The digital world is changing, let’s shape it together.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, design and implement features to agreed timelines, both on your own and as a member of a feature-driven team
- Provides leadership and mentoring to other team members.
- Brainstorm with the product owner, designers, and backend and front end engineering to conceptualize and build new features for our users.
- Comfortable representing team and presenting to management.
- Proactively improves processes to help deliver a better product.
- Translate business requirements to technical concepts
- Breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
- Designs & writes quality, scalable & robust code with security and performance in mind.
- Develop technical documentation for internal use
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle – architecture discussions, design reviews, and code reviews
- Quickly create and iterate on prototypes showcasing new designs and interaction patterns
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to align to changing priorities
- Constantly improve skills and knowledge through self-learning and share with the team to help achieve overall goals
Essential Knowledge Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in a computer science related course
- 5+ years industry experience working with Unity.
- Strong C# object-oriented programming (Mandatory requirement) & scripting language skills
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability to lead technical architecture discussions and to help drive decisions.
- Experience working with game assets (meshes, animations, materials etc).
- Experience profiling and optimizing game and render performance (GPU and CPU)
- Experience working on a physics-based game project
- Experience with source control systems such as Git in a multi developer team environment.
- Understanding UX design process and experience working with UX design team
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Experience with shipped applications on an embedded product or have published applications on an app store
- Experience of working in an Agile SCRUM development environment.
- Excellent Teamwork ethic with the ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Desirable but not essential
- Gained Unity Certification
- Experience with Photon Unity Networking (PUN)
- Experience developing applications using RESTful APIs
- Experience with delivering code for multiplayer games, having shipped at least 1 complete multiplayer game
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous integration, and operations
- Worked as a gameplay programmer on an established team
- Experience in any XR platforms such as Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, PlayStation VR, or HoloLens
- Machine learning or experience with algorithm development
- Experience using JIRA (or other defect tracking tools).
Job Type: Full-time
NOTE: This position is not suitable for Graduate, Junior or mid level workers. Having an EU work permit is required. For this position, remote working is available. Fluent spoken and written English language is required.