Immersive VR Education are one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios. Currently developing multiple IP for leading educational institutes on a wide range of platforms including Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, GearVR, Google DayDream and PlayStation VR. The company has won multiple awards for their work on Apollo 11 VR and their Engage virtual reality education platform. If you are looking for a unique challenge and a career in virtual & augmented reality working with bleeding edge technology then this is your opportunity. We are seeking people with vision and drive who are not afraid to back big ideas and make them a reality. The digital world is changing let’s shape that world together.
Provide constant support to the development team and to production as a whole, by ensuring all changes submitted are functional and at the expected quality level.
- We are looking for obsessive problem solvers who enjoy being exposed to leading technologies.
- Relevant experience as a senior tester in a VR or video game company;
- Shipped at least one title in a QA capacity preferably having been involved in the submission process.
- You have a good understanding of test engineering best practices, methodologies and processes.
- You have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot and isolate issues encountered during testing; prioritize and determine their root cause analysis.
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced agile environment
- You have experience using a software defect tracking software (.i.e. JIRA, Hansoft, Bugzilla etc)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet short deadlines;
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills are essential to the role.
- Understand that his/her role as part of the team is to optimize the quality of the project;
- Find and report bugs in a clear and concise manner;
- Perform regular regression testing to validate that bugs are fixed;
- Help to maintain the relevancy of the database by updating/modifying bugs reported by other testers;
- Create and execute thorough test cases, respecting fixed productivity and quality targets; and draft reports
- Validate new content, features and fixes from the development team for both quality and functionality before those changes are submitted to the main branch;
- Track and validate bugs entered in JIRA by DEV team and manage the assignment of those bugs respecting internal priority/severity system;
- Proactively give feedback on the significance of the bugs encountered, the status of the build and your perception of the projects quality;
- Work autonomously, prioritizing work in accordance with the project’s needs;
- Assure the quality of production tools before they are shared with the development teams;
- Complete smoke tests on specific versions before they are official used by QA;
- Maintain good communications and productive collaboration with all QA team members and the development team;
- Participate in the training and mentoring of new or junior members of the test team;
- Constantly communicate issues encountered to team members and developers;
- Determine test needs with development teams, and Production management;
- Suggest changes to the QA Processes for the betterment of the efficiency and effectiveness of the team;
Nice to have
- You hold an Honours degree in computer science/engineering or a related field.
- Knowledge of video games industry and common terms of reference
- Knowledge of scrum/agile is an asset;
- Knowledge of the Windows environment;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software;
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Software Testing: 4 years
Location: Waterford Ireland
NOTE: This position is based at our Waterford, Ireland office only & is not applicable to remote workers. You must have an EU work permit.