Immersive VR Education are one of the world’s leading virtual reality development studios. Currently developing multiple IP for leading educational institutes on a wide range of platforms including Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, GearVR, Google DayDream and PlayStation VR. The company has won multiple awards for their work on Apollo 11 VR and their Engage virtual reality education platform. If you are looking for a unique challenge and a career in virtual & augmented reality working with bleeding edge technology then this is your opportunity. We are seeking people with vision and drive who are not afraid to back big ideas and make them a reality. The digital world is changing let’s shape that world together.
We are looking for a Full Stack PHP Developer responsible for managing development of the front-end, back-end and API of our Engage website and platform.
- Develop, record and maintain web-based PHP applications
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilising standard development tools.
- Utilise backend data services and contribute to increase existing data services API.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Convey effectively with all task progress, evaluations, suggestions, schedules along with technical and process issues.
- Maintain, scale and upgrade servers when appropriate.
· Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks. We use Laravel but Yii, Symfony, CodeIgniter, etc. experience welcome.
· Experience with cross browser testing and performance optimisation
· Understanding of accessibility, security and GDPR compliance
· Understanding fundamental design principles behind a secure and scalable application
· User authentication and authorisation between multiple systems, servers, and environments including OAuth 2.0 implementations.
· Strong REST API development experience
· Familiarity with SQL databases and their declarative query languages. We use PostgreSQL but MySQL, MS SQL, etc. experience welcomed.
· Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
· Experience of unit/feature/functional testing with PHPUnit, Behat, PHPSpec or similar.
· Basic server management knowledge through Heroku or AWS.
· Any experience with C# and/or Unity would be beneficial but not necessary.